Thirteen-year-old Eddie is the black sheep of the family until his father dies and he is forced to grow up fast. He makes good as a race car driver, fighter pilot, airline executive…and defender of his country.
Here’s what his countrymen had to say about him:
- “The most daring and withal the most cautious driver in America”
- “Eddie wasn’t the best pilot in the world. He couldn’t put as many holes in the target that was being towed as I could, but he could put more holes in a target that was shooting at him than I could.”
- “The most natural leader I ever saw”
- “He would not ask anything of anybody that he wasn’t going to ask of himself.”
- “The closest thing to superman its ever been our privilege to know”
Find out how a kid who dropped out of school after seventh grade and went to work full-time among grown men built a successful life of excitement, adventure, and service. His life was so full and so often saved from disaster it sometimes seemed he lived many more than just one.
To order a book: https://ohioswallow.com/book/The+Many+Lives+of+Eddie+Rickenbacker